Vice President of People & Culture, TIME’S UP
About TIME’S UP
TIME’S UP emerged from an international moment of reckoning when women came together and decided to turn their pain into action. We are an organization that insists on safe, fair, and dignified workplaces for women of all kinds by:
preventing sexual harassment, abuse, retaliation and other forms of discrimination before it starts and protecting workers when it happens;
removing barriers so women have a fair shot at success and security;
increasing women’s representation and power at every level of every industry — starting with entertainment, advertising, healthcare, and tech.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Vice President of People & Culture will contribute to the mission of TIME’S UP by providing expert guidance on people management processes while cultivating an inclusive and positive organizational culture.
This role will play a central part in helping this fast-paced, dynamic and mission-driven organization live its values by building and modeling a wholly new, “women-inspired workplace,” and by helping shape policies and practices that will become best practices for workplaces at large.
The ideal candidate will be a highly collaborative leader, with proven success influencing organizational leaders and managing work across teams and regions. You’re an innovative and strategic thinker who uses data effectively to increase organizational capacity. You are also an idea generator who brings new concepts to life and successfully shepherds them from start to finish.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and results-driven human resource professional with a successful track record of positive employee engagement, and a deep passion for fostering an engaged, inclusive and equitable organizational culture.
- Ensure TIME’S UP’s staffing, talent recruitment, retention and development tactics align with its highest priority programmatic objectives
- Identify and drive improvements to our employee life-cycle and experience, including benefits and compensation, people analytics, employee value proposition, and people development
- Build employee onboarding and offboarding systems across regional offices
- Evaluate our performance review and compensation systems
- Design, lead and implement team cultural assessments
- Ensure team alignment with the organization’s desired culture across offices
- Shape organizational structure and drive team growth appropriately
- Proactively assess team and employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Identify and develop internal training to develop staff across all functions and levels
- Actively participate in staff and leadership team meetings and strategic planning activities when appropriate; Organize, and potentially facilitate, team meetings as needed
- Help shape policies and practices that will become models for organizations at large, and potentially represent the organization in external events
- Help ensure that the organization consistently centers its focus on those who have been traditionally marginalized – including survivors, low-paid workers, women of color, women with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community and others
- Develop metrics and accountability for the organization, as well as opportunities to convene core constituents
- Expertly manage the efficient resolution of employee issues through proactive engagement
- 10+ years experience in HR, with a deep understanding of the following areas: HR operations, HR data management, diversity, equity, & inclusion, recruiting, and/or benefits management;
- Experience administering benefits, leaves of absence, and HR compliance in multi-state organizations/environments;
- Experience developing, managing and assessing compensation systems;
- Learning and development background with experience leading and facilitating employee training;
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management;
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally with finance, development, communications, and programmatic teams;
- Strong presentation, speaking, written and verbal/nonverbal skills including public speaking, along with finely tuned interpersonal skills and professional judgment;
- You must be able to demonstrate empathy toward employees and serve as a trusted resource to team members at every level of the organization;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suites, HR metrics, and reporting;
- Passion for diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- Masters or law degree
- HR Certification or Certificate
- Experience with fast-growth startups
- Based in New York, Washington DC or Los Angeles.
- Some travel required
- A minimum starting salary of $180,000 will be provided to a successful candidate meeting the minimum requirements for the position
Where we work:
- Women-inspired workplace
- Great team with new mission & energy
- Generous benefits package
- Flexible vacation policy
- Work from home options
TIME’S UP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The ambitions of TIME’S UP are realized by TIME’S UP Now, an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit 501(c)(4) charitable organization and the TIME’S UP Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter that details your relevant experience to [email protected]. Thank you!