TIME’S UP Applauds Biden Administration’s Executive Orders On Equity
Biden Administration, Changing Laws & Policy, Equity, Federal Policy
Within hours of taking the oath of office, President Joe Biden signed several executive orders that will help ensure safer, more equitable workplaces. These executive orders will:
- Advance racial equity throughout the federal government;
- Prohibit workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity;
- Direct agencies to take all lawful steps to protect the right of LGBTQIA+ individuals; and
- Reinstate diversity and inclusion training in federal agencies.
Tina Tchen, president and CEO of TIME’S UP Now, provided the following statement:
“I applaud President Biden for wasting no time in demonstrating that ours is a country where everybody — no matter who they are or where they work — is entitled to safety, dignity, and equity in the workplace.
“These bold actions on Day One demonstrate that we once again have leaders who will work to upend the power imbalances and systemic injustices that have kept too many from succeeding in this country for far too long.”
In the weeks and months ahead, TIME’S UP will be mobilizing its allies and leaders to push for:
- A government-wide plan to address and prevent sexual assault and sexual harassment;
- A care infrastructure for family economic security;
- Quick action on common-sense legislation that helps level the playing field for women and address discrimination of all kinds in the workplace; and
- Timely and critical action to promote equal pay.
TIME'S UP Now
TIME’S UP™ Now is the nonpartisan and not-for-profit advocacy arm of TIME’S UP. We advocate for safe, fair, and dignified work for all in the public and private sectors, calling for an end to harassment and other related forms of discrimination on the job. And we fight to rebuild the systems that have taken away women’s power for far too long. TIME’S UP Now is a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization.