Executive Director, TIME’S UP Entertainment
About TIME’S UP
TIME’S UP emerged from an international moment of reckoning when women came together and decided to turn their pain into action. We have a bold but simple vision – a world that insists on safe, fair and dignified work for all women. We believe TIME’S UP is uniquely suited at this moment to make this vision a reality in the lives of women – wherever they work, from every background, and across the globe. Our approach is unique and effective because we target culture, companies, and laws. We fight alongside the most vulnerable while holding the most powerful to account.
TIME’S UP was born in the entertainment industry. Women at every level — actresses and production crews, studio executives and talent agents, filmmakers and assistants — got honest about the rampant sexual discrimination, harassment, and assault they were facing in the workplace and the damaging double standards depicted in film and television.
TIME’S UP Entertainment raises awareness, collaborates on solutions and drives change on key issues affecting women of all kinds in the industry. We do this by addressing core factors that represent not only the obstacles, but also the opportunities, that create change: safety, equity, and power. The Executive Director will leverage new and existing networks to build community, work alongside women across entertainment to identify 1-2 levers of change that will transform the industry, and mobilize the Entertainment community around TIME’S UP’s global agenda. The role will report to TIME’S UP’s COO and work closely with TIME’S UP’s CEO and Senior Leadership.
- Drive long‐term vision of safe, fair, and dignified work for women of all kinds in entertainment
- Build a network of interconnected, action-oriented talent, including cultivating and maintaining relationships with key partners, supporters, and stakeholders
- Take responsibility for forging and maintaining strategic relationships
- Proactively identify and deploy ways to disseminate key messages through specific surrogates and build awareness of TIME’S UP to a diverse group of audiences
- Define TIME’S UP Entertainment’s strategic objectives and success metrics, and work with TIME’S UP’s Leadership Council and Founding Members to achieve those goals
- Provide operational oversight of initiatives developed and implemented by TIME’S UP Entertainment working groups
- Partner with TIME’S UP’s development team to cultivate donors from across the industry and secure sponsors for TIME’S UP Entertainment
- Plan, execute and evaluate bold, high-impact campaigns and initiatives that advance our policy + advocacy agendas
- Work with industry leaders, partners and workers to customize advocacy efforts that drive change in entertainment and meet the needs of women of all kinds in the industry
- Identify strategic levers that will create greater safety and equity within entertainment and employ a variety of tactics to drive change throughout the industry
- Engage allies from across the industry and act as an advocate on behalf of women of all kinds in entertainment, particularly those who are most vulnerable
- Build a high-impact community composed of women of all kinds in entertainment
- Strong commitment to the intersectional values of TIME’S UP
- Subject matter expert in how the entertainment industry operates
- Experience working with senior leaders, including high-level executives across entertainment
- Strong analytical and research skills; you understand complex concepts quickly and can communicate them clearly and concisely in time with a fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation skills and presentation skills to groups and stakeholders
- Executive-level organizational skills; you keep the ball rolling on multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks big and small while making sure nothing falls through the cracks
- Ability to strategically develop and manage complex budgets
- Results-driven, entrepreneurial mindset; able to solve problems with sustainable but lean solutions and wear many hats in a rapidly-evolving start-up
- Manage effectively up, down and across to motivate a diverse set of colleagues, stakeholders, and teammates; You create an environment of gratitude and support that inspires staff and volunteers alike
- High EQ; You possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, diplomatically, honestly, and sensitively with all
- Demonstrated passion for activism, community-building, and advocacy, particularly focused on the advancement of underrepresented communities in entertainment
- Experience with non-profit management, grassroots organizing, or advocacy a plus
- A relentless commitment to a world that insists on safe, fair, and dignified work
- Based in Santa Monica, California
- A minimum starting salary of $175,000 will be provided to a successful candidate meeting the minimum requirements for the position.
- TIME’S UP Entertainment is an initiative of the TIME’S UP Foundation 501(c3) and TIME’S UP Now 501(c4), which supports a growing number of industries driving change.
Where we work:
- Women inspired workplace
- Great team with new mission and energy
- Generous benefit package
- Flexible vacation policy
- Work from home options
TIME’S UP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter that details your relevant experience to [email protected]. Thank you!